Position: Director, Human Resources
Love your job!
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity?
DAVIDsTEA is a Canadian based company with its headquarters located in Montreal. In ten years, we’ve opened over 200 stores coast to coast, with plenty more to come. The sky is the limit! We’re best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, and modern design and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products. Our company is making tea fashionable and fun, and we pride ourselves on offering the best possible service to our customers and a positive work environment for our employees.
About the role
Reporting directly to the President and Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Human Resources will work alongside the executive team and will be an essential part of the company’s strategic planning. Responsible for effectively and strategically managing the Human Resources function that is aligned with and contributes to the overall business needs. To provide all company departments with Human Resources and Organizational Development support and direction, as required, to attain sales and profit objectives.
This is both a strategic and tactical leadership role, as the Director, Human Resources will work closely with his/her team in order to develop and promote best practices in HR management, operations, organizational development, talent management, talent acquisition and succession planning.
Sounds like you? Keep reading…
- Assists the organization/executives in anticipating and assessing Human Resource Management requirements and ensures that these requirements are translated into appropriate Human Resources practices and strategies.
- Develop, implement and coordinate policies and programs encompassing all aspects of HR management, including employment, employee engagement, compensation and benefits programs, recruitment, succession planning and employee development;
- Identify opportunities for improving, developing and retaining talent;
- Conducts long term and annual strategic planning and budgeting for Human Resources related activities and development.
- Collaborate with the training team & supervises the Designs and implementation of HR training programs for all positions within the Company to ensure ongoing management development and progress
- Assesses systems and writes programs and policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure continual organizational development and growth where required.
- Counsels Management on provincial and state legal issues and negotiations with labor attorneys, WCB/CSST, Human Rights, Labor Boards, Small Claims Court and Superior Court.
- Manages WCB/CSST program for the Field & SSC/DC by monitoring workplace accidents and ensuring that all workplace accidents are investigated and contested where required to control costs.
- Oversees Administrative Human Resources area by ensuring efficient, precise and courteous customer service to the field concerning questions relating to salary and benefits administration, maternity leaves, workers compensation claims, illness, maintaining accurate files on associates, reference requests etc. Ensures systems and processes are systemized to provide all required information to management.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Head Office and Store recruiting plan that is designed to attract and retain exceptional talent for the organization
- Designs, implements and monitors succession planning process to ensure internal associate growth and development of top performers.
- Develop individual career development programs that align the needs of DAVIDsTEA with expectations of the team.
- Manages the performance appraisal management system to ensure goals and expectations are understood and met. Adjusts process annually based on Company changes and expectations.
- Collaborate in managing a progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and provides programs which utilize associate and company partnership for the short and long term range health and welfare protection of the associates and the Company.
- Designs, implements and monitors monetary and non-monetary incentive programs focused on pay-for-performance basis to assist Company in obtaining annual goals (quarterly and annual bonus systems, annual contests and award programs, salary administration).
- Ensures that work environment is continuously scanned by all managers to ensure constant positive associate morale
- Design, implement and monitor an Engagement program
- Design, implement and monitor a wellness program
- Design, implement and monitor a positive absenteeism program.
- Ensures customer service expectations are being respected at head office between departments and field
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company. In particular, manages the human resource/payroll information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the Company.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Completes any assignments as requested by the Immediate Superior.
So are YOU our next Director, HR?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management and/or Business Administration or related degree
- 8-10 years in Human Resources – Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a National HR leadership role or similar role
- Knowledge of US laws an asset
- Bilingualism-French/English/Other are required
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be comfortable working with small, large and diverse groups, and also be sophisticated at dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must have a strong understanding of Human Resources Management across a broad range of issues.
- Must have experience and demonstrated ability in developing and implementing Human Resource policy, leadership competencies, performance management systems and change management.
- Demonstrates : problem solving, decision making, coaching, time & priority management, adaptability, leadership, drive for results
Sound good? Then join us in our mission of making the world smile— one cup at a time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 8 years (Required)
- Human Resources Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)