Relocation assistance to Fort McMurray available for the successful candidate.
Diversified Transportation has an exciting opportunity for an experienced HSE Director. The role is based in Fort McMurray, with frequent travel to Edmonton required.
This role is responsible for overseeing health and safety initiatives across the region with a focus on driver safety, compliance and continuous improvement. This is a hands-on role with frequent customer and employee interaction.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Certification in Occupational Health and Safety
- CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) designation
- 10 plus years of progressive experience in an HSE leadership role
- Industry experience (transportation, trucking, large fleets, etc.)
- Previous litigation experience
- Previous oversight in a regional or multi-location operation
- Knowledge of applicable OHS regulations, codes, practices and standards
- Commercial driver’s license preferred
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety rating and compliance with all regulations
- Reduce the frequency of collisions, WCB injury claims, other disability claims and losses
- Ensure due diligence to minimize the possibility of litigation
- Lead a team of safety professionals
- Manage company KPIs and build action plans
- Monitor/manage carrier profile
- Lead and oversee Collision Files
- Manage return to work programs
- Trend analysis
- Promote safety awareness across the organization
- Conduct investigations
- Provide cost of safety oversight
- Attend/Conduct Meetings
Competitive salary and benefits package available.
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Extended health care
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent