Milestones Millstream is looking to expand our team with a capable and enthusiastic pantry/fry cook with a passion for great food, an eye for detail and a dedication to food safety. At Milestones we pride ourselves on outstanding quality dishes and the perfect guest experience.
We are a fun fast-paced environment in which you will play a vital role in preparing and cooking quality pastas, curries, and bowls to order. The sauté station involves movement, finesse, and timing management. A great sauté cook can keep their cool in an intense rush, and manage multiple dishes across multiple pans simultaneously.
Compensation is based on experience and includes tip pool which is about $2-3/hr.
Perks of working at Milestones include:
- 50% off meals on shift
- 20% off at any Cara brand, including Milestones, Montana's, Kelsey's, New York Fries, St. Hubert, Harvey's, Bier Markt, and East Side Mario's
- Opportunities for growth within our location and the company
We tell ours through our fresh ingredients and our passion for the plate.
Twenty-five years ago, the Milestones story began in Vancouver on Denman Street. Today, we span coast-to-coast, with locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Newfoundland and Saskatchewan.
Our exceptionally talented Executive Chef brings unexpected yet tasty twists to classics. He then gives these carefully crafted recipes to his culinary team, making sure they have perfected these creations before bringing them to you. And that's what you can always be sure of, that there's a chef in every Milestones kitchen making your plate just right.
It's this passion in our recipes that makes a visit to Milestones truly unforgettable. Whether you come for a favourite meal or love trying new and trendy dishes, Milestones is all about great food without the pretension. We're an impromptu meeting place for friends and a cozy spot for date nights. We're familiar and friendly, but always on the cutting-edge. We're nights to remember and remarkable flavours to savour.
That's how we set the table at Milestones.
Be part of the story...
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain food quality and safety standards
- Prepare an assortment of appetizers and desserts in a timely manner
- Prep and stock for the rush ahead
- Clean and maintain the station
Qualifications and Skills
- Food safety
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good sense of timing
- 2 years experience in a high volume professional kitchen
Job Type: Full-time
- kitchen: 1 year (Required)