Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a qualified Settlements Associate to work in our downtown Vancouver office.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
As a member of the Securities Services team, the Settlements Associate will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing and settlement of client purchases and sales of Equity and Fixed Income products in Canada, the US and other Foreign Markets. Responsibilities will include the support and settlement of various daily transactions.
This position requires an ability to work in a high-volume, pressure-oriented environment. Inherent system deadlines require the successful candidate to possess very strong organizational and prioritization skills. The ability to balance these significant challenges and interact well with others is essential. Given the market hours of operation, this role requires a 6:00 AM (PST) start time.
Specifically you will:
- Support all manner of Equity, Option, and Fixed Income trade settlements including Option Expiry processing on the third Friday evening and Saturday morning of each month;
- Action equity option instructions and balance firm holdings to clearing house positions;
- Ensure that daily and monthly settlement tasks are successfully completed;
- Process GIC purchase, redemption, maturity and transfer-in /out transactions, including daily and monthly reconciliation of same;
- Maintain GIC issuer master list and update as required, communicate changes to impacted areas;
- Analyze current settlement processes, procedures and reports for continued development and improvement;
- Resolve reconciliation outages through effective problem solving and resolution actions;
- Identify workflow/system improvements and work with supervisor and operations team to enact change;
- Ability to locate and collect data from appropriate sources and analyze it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information;
- Communicate with internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner;
- Support escalation and/or exception requests related to Settlement functions;
- Conduct research and analysis to remain current with market rules that impact settlements;
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Minimum 2/3 years of financial industry or related administrative experience;
- Post-secondary education;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Experience with industry related systems a definite asset (Dataphile, Arrow, CDSX & DTCC);
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail; working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
- Professional with a positive "can-do" attitude;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and demonstrate a friendly manner.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 19-039 by May 31, 2019.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time