We value people. We offer competitive wages. We also provide benefits on day 1 for you and your family. We know how important this is to families and we want to be there for you.
We value your time. We want you to feel fulfilled both at work and at home. We often offer innovative shifts to achieve this, along with experience-based vacation time to encourage better work-life balance.
We value your growth. We are growing/adapting, and we need more great people to help us do that safely and sustainability. We want to help you develop your skills and hone your talents to help us do that.
Together, we are SECURE
The Fluids Management lab in Edmonton has an immediate opening for a Junior Corrosion Technologist. This individual would be responsible for the development and performance testing of the Production Chemical groups product line through various testing methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities for this role include but not limited to:
- The operation and the interpretation of HT/LP autoclaves, RCE (Rotating Cylinder Electrode) and LPR/Bubble corrosion inhibitor test results.
- Evaluation of H2S scavengers
- Chemical inhibitor residual testing
- Development and evaluation of new corrosion inhibitor chemistries
- Write technical reports and proposals
- Provide Technical support to internal and external customers on the topics of corrosion inhibition and testing procedures
- Ensure that all SOP’s are followed and up to date in accordance with Secure’s safety policies, ASTM and AMPP standards.
- Handling of gas cylinders including H2S gas
Qualifications and Competencies
- BSc in Chemistry or Chemical Technologist Diploma.
- Oil and Gas production chemicals experienced is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare technical reports is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
At SECURE, we focus on opportunities for growth and improvement; for our employees, our customers, our partners, and the communities we operate in. We are an energetic team, driven by the needs of our customers, and care about making a meaningful contribution. We strive to attract, retain, and motivate employees by offering a compensation package that competitively recognizes employee contributions and performance.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Leading industry wages with competitive base salary, compensation programs
- Industry leading safety
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Employer paid benefits: health, dental & more
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee savings plans
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities including off season rotational opportunities
- Community investment activities
- A competitive employee referral program
Stay connected to us:
- Visit us at secure-energy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest job postings, news, community activities, and other updates
- SECURE is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are not assessed on the grounds of: race, age, disability, sexual discrimination, religion or belief.