Canadian Mental Health Association Durham is an integrated community mental health and primary care hub that has been providing mental health services to Durham Region for over 55 years.
During that time, it has evolved to provide a broad range of services to individuals and their families experiencing mental health challenges, from information and education to case management, psychosocial rehabilitation, housing and primary healthcare. These services are provided through inter-professional teams focused on providing clinically based services that, in addition to dealing with client mental health issues, address social determinants of health using the recovery model.
We are currently looking for an Adult Educator (1 year Contract) to join the Recovery College Wellness Centre.
- Participates in the implementation of the co-designed curriculum of the Recovery College Wellness Centre in virtual and in person mediums
- Plans, prepares and researches the material necessary for facilitation of courses
- Implements a variety of instructional delivery methods based on the needs of the participants
- Completes and maintains participant records
- Reviews and assesses participants work and provides feedback
- Provides presentations within the community to external partners
- Participates in meeting accreditation standards
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- Post-secondary education
- Certification in Adult Learning and a minimum of 1 year of teaching experience
- Ability to teach participants of diverse abilities and backgrounds and overcome barriers to success
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Ability to coach participants through individualized program
- Strong facilitation skills and knowledge of adult learning principles
- Ability to build an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the level of the participants
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Certification and background experience in mental health would be an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, access to a dependable vehicle in safe working order and appropriate insurance coverage
Deadline for resumes is June 1, 2020
CMHA Durham endorses the principles of workforce diversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request.
Application deadline: 2020-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Adult Learning (Required)