We are looking for another dog walker to join our team! If you live in the Durham Region, have experience walking dogs off leash, enjoy getting exercise in the great outdoors, and own a large sized vehicle - this could be the job for you!
Please only apply if you have previous experience working with dogs, and own a large vehicle to safely transport multiple dogs (ie minivan, SUV).
A brief job summary:
- Private leash walks
- potty breaks
- pack walks (multiple dogs walked off leash on private land)
- cat visits
- safely transporting dogs in own large sized vehicle
- occasional weekend services
- Occasional dog boarding in own home
We service Whitby and Oshawa in the Durham Region, providing dog walking, boarding, and cat visit services.
This is a permanent sub contractor position. Walkers are responsible for their own taxes and deductions.
Hours of availability (not necessarily full working hours) are Monday to Friday 8:30am-3pm, with the occasional evenings and weekends. Walkers must also be able to board dog(s) in their home on occasion. Pay is based on each service provided (piece work).
All applicants must:
- Love animals (especially dogs!)
- have experience working with dogs and understand dog behaviour
- be comfortable walking multiple dogs off leash
- be comfortable in the Alpha role
- be reliable, honest and trustworthy
- be able to work independently, under pressure and on a tight schedule
- be organized
- have own large vehicle (ie minivan, SUV) to safely transport multiple dogs
- be available Monday to Friday 8:30am-3pm, as well as occasional evenings and weekends
- be able to board our doggie clients in their home on occasion
- be bondable
- provide a police check
Thank you for your interest and best of luck to all applicants.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $250.00 to $600.00 /week
- Dog: 5 years (Required)
- G (Required)
- English (Required)