Who we are:
Grand Valley Fortifiers, the principal of the GVF Group of Companies is a progressive and innovative leader in animal livestock nutrition. We manufacture and sell high quality, leading edge vitamin and mineral premixes and supplements for swine, dairy, beef and poultry producers.
Direct Source Commodities is a division of the GVF Group of Companies that supports cost-effective on-farm feed manufacturing by helping farmers source truck-load commodities that deliver directly to their farm. DSC provides access to many feedstuff commodities that are valuable when creating nutritionally sound feeds for Dairy, Swine, Poultry and Beef operations.
GVF is looking to add a permanent full-time Commodity Administrative Assistant to join our Direct Source Commodities team in Cambridge. You should be a highly organized and detail oriented person who enjoys using critical thinking and problem solving to source truckload commodities for customers in order to secure the best possible supply to meet the customer’s needs. Your math skills and good sense of geography will be critical in this role. If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Commodity Desk Manager to provide outstanding customer service and support ensuring all customer requests and requirements are taken care of.
- Forecast, secure and schedule commodities for customers including DDGS, wheat shorts, canola meal, soybean meal and organic supply sources for grains and soy.
- Arrange freight requirements and coordinate logistics between the appropriate third party carriers and the customer.
- Monitor inventory levels in the plant and arrange deliveries as needed.
- Maintain the Commodity and Shadow Price spreadsheets using Excel.
- Manage all related account administration for the Direct Source Commodities division including preparing sales and purchase orders, spreadsheets, invoices and data entry utilizing our Feed Mill Manager system.
Experience we like:
- Background in the farming or agriculture industry and a passion for animals
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a purchasing role with soft commodities
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Word
- Ability to read a map with a good sense of geography
- Strong analytical and mathematics skills
- Keen eye for detail, highly organized and able to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
Founded in 1960, GVF Group of Companies continues to expand its products, services and geographic reach through Grand Valley Fortifiers, Valley Feeds, Farmers Farmacy, Farmers Pharmacy Rx, Direct Source Commodities, Fortified Nutrition and True Foods. GVF continues to produce high quality, cutting edge macro premixes and services across Canada, the U.S and internationally. Headquartered in Cambridge ON, we have an amazing team across the country. With 130 employees in our offices, manufacturing plants, and on hundreds of family farms daily, meeting with customers or delivering product, everyone is a key and integral part of our team.
All interested applicants are asked to apply with a copy of their resume. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing and soft commodity: 3 years (Preferred)
- Farming or agriculture: 2 years (Preferred)