As a member of Integrated Services (IS) the Business Relationship Specialist (BRS) is a strategic business partner working the various business units and shares ownership for both business strategy and business value results. The BRS owns management-level relationships and serves as a single point of focus, working to converge functions such as IT, HR, finance, etc. and one or more lines of business or value streams. This is achieved by stimulating, surfacing, and shaping demand for capabilities and assets, in addition to ensuring that the potential business value from those capabilities and assets are captured, optimized, and recognized.
Through effective relationship management capabilities as defined by professional organizations such as CBAP, BRS, etc., the BRS contributes to the business partner leadership team by actively partnering with business peers to determine strategic direction. They work to identify ways in which the BRS's function can support and advance business objectives. This work will greatly depend on close working relationship with Information Management & Technology (IM&T).
Additionally, the BRS assists with the shaping and prioritization of the business demand into supply by;
- Partnering with appropriate resources to facilitate the creation of idea documents, business cases, and value plans;
- Ensuring value optimization and communication; and
- Enabling continuous improvement in all areas and people around them.
Overall this role is key in establishing customer confidence in services provided via various internal service providers by;
- Increasing customer satisfaction & reporting
- Helping all related parties sets achievable expectations and goals
- Support customer prioritization
- Assists in solving customer problems
- Ensures commitments to customers are met
- Solicits opinions and ideas from customers
- Responding to internal customers.
The Business Relationship Specialist will;
- Work with customers to identify opportunities to utilize new technology, explore options for automation, and consult on business investment proposals involving IM&T input to support them in achieving desired goals.
- Work as the strategic interface with assigned areas of CNL for the purpose of business-IM&T strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management.
- Provide highly-valued, strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout key IM&T initiatives
- Assist in the communication of decisions, priorities and relevant information to IM&T and IS business stakeholders.
- Coach business leaders and enable them to articulate their function's (i.e. technology, people, etc.) needs and requirements that will advance business performance.
- Partner with enterprise architecture to develop and maintain multi-year business capability roadmaps.
- Partner with business transformation teams (change management) to ensure effective business transformation for all initiatives.
- Partner with the project/program/portfolio management organization (PMO) to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio.
- Partner with business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Think strategically by identifying business function opportunities and the best-suited position for the function's adoption within the business partner organization. Measure adoption and work with business leadership to develop future roadmap and opportunities.
- Identify and integrate business partners' long-range plans into business capability roadmaps and priorities, as appropriate.
- Brief stakeholders on business partner plans.
- Focus on business value rather than solutions to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements.
- Build and manage the relationship team to ensure convergence and strategic partnering with the business partner team, including working closely with leadership as executive sponsors for each business partner.
- Advocate for an awareness and focus on business partner strategic plans.
- Correlate business value and priorities to planning activities and goal-setting.
- Ensure that project/program managers of business partner projects are knowledgeable about the business partner and their objectives; engage as a project/program stakeholder, including evaluating project efforts and progress against joint strategic plans and objectives.
- Be creative and innovative with regards to your knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances as they relate to new opportunities and business needs.
- Evaluate joint initiatives as they relate to corporate strategy to ensure convergence and opportunities for measurable success.
- University degree in a related field (mandatory)
- MBA or related qualification Graduate degree or progressive educational certificate preferred
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMPÂ®) preferred
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAPÂ®) preferred
- 8+ years related experience.
- 5+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives
- Relationship-building; ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams
- Strategic thinker; ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Energy, focus, assertiveness, and diplomacy; knowing when to push an agenda and when to let a situation develop, rest, or advance
- Highly developed communication skills; ability and comfort with working at executive levels
- Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving to achieve win win outcomes at a management level
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Leadership; setting the standard for business management, leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others in the BRS team and all around you
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to focus on business value results, rather than solutions; technical aptitude, requirements management, and the ability to assess and articulate risk variables
- Must have and maintain credibility with the business community
- Must demonstrate acumen in business and function disciplines
- Understand and integrate business strategies and trends in technology to deliver value
- Be able to influence others, using personal rather than positional power
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting
- An outside-in focus; outstanding end customer/consumer relationship skills
- Solid understanding of IT, HR, and finance assets and capabilities; be able to identify gaps and areas that need improvement
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accept ownership
Job Type: Full-time
- facilitating the development and implementation of projects: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)