Under the general supervision and reporting to the Director of Culinary Services and within established policies, procedures and guidelines, the Manager, Full Serve Restaurants will oversee all Full-Service Restaurants/Banquet Facilities/Catering to ensure all venues operate efficiently and profitably and meet or exceed the acceptable standards of Niagara Parks management and Commission.
You must submit your application for this position through our company website.
Education: University Degree or College Diploma in Hospitality, Food, or Tourism Management or the equivalent knowledge and experience. Excellent knowledge of Restaurant Operations including market niches and consumer trends; strong leadership, coaching and motivational skills; proven administrative, financial and strategic planning experience; excellent decision making and problem-solving skills; ability to be a creative team player within a fast paced, multi-functional organization.
Experience: Five years of food and beverage industry experience in a General Manager capacity. Experience managing multiple full-service restaurants considered an asset. Experience working within a unionized or multi-unionized environment also considered an asset.
· Ensures that all Culinary venues operate at the highest standards in line with NPC Mission and Vision Statements.
· Oversees menu development utilizing guest and staff feedback for all venues in consultation with the Chefs for approval by the Senior Operations Manager, Culinary Services and Director of Culinary Services.
·Reviews staffing guides and employee requirements for all venues to ensure current staffing needs are met and determines annual operational hours for full-service venues for Director of Culinary Services approval.
· Provides recommendations for full-service venues for improving their product, service standards, efficiency, promotion, marketing, merchandising and visitor experience of their restaurant operations; as well as reviewing and setting new standards.
· Ensures that all full-service restaurant venues are following Health and Safety Standards and that all members of the team are aware of and working in accordance with these requirements.
· Develops and implements training manuals for front-line staff at all Culinary full-serve locations.
· Attends meetings as required to represent the Culinary Services department both internally and externally.
· Provides direct and indirect leadership and motivation for full-service restaurant staff in regard to job performance and customer satisfaction.
· Establishes and oversees the budgetary requirements for all full-service venues for the Director of Culinary Services and Senior Manager Operations, Culinary Services and implements changes as required.
· Reviews and analyzes daily records, statistics and reports that capture departmental sales, menu analysis, productivity, labour costs, inventory etc. for all full-serve venues.
· Ensures that all financial targets are met regarding revenue and cost control.
· Controls Request for Purchase requirements and prepares capital equipment lists for approval of the Director of Culinary Services.
· Represents Culinary Services management at disciplinary or employee relations meetings with bargaining unit employees.
· Assists the Director and Senior Manager Operations in the overall supervision of the management team at all Full-Service venues including hiring, assigning tasks, monitoring work performance, staff development/training, succession planning and employee relations.
· Monitors quality of food, cleanliness and level of service for all areas at all Niagara Parks full-service restaurant venues.
· Implements new training, quality assurance and incentive initiatives at all full-service venues.
· Conducts performance appraisals and provides coaching to the restaurant managers of each full-service venue.
·Ensures that each venue operates in compliance with all legal requirements.
·Motivates and communicates with the management team at the full-service venues to ensure consistency in training, discipline, hiring, image and service standards.
· Acts as a liaison between the full-service venue managers and the Director of Culinary Services and Senior Manager, Operations.
· Maintains and develops positive employee/management relations.
·Works with clients and Sales Department in booking large scale events.
· Meets with Sales representatives to determine products offered at Culinary full-service venues.
· Assists the Director of Culinary Services and Senior Manager Operations in consultation with Human Resources for bargaining unit contract negotiations.
Performs Other Related Duties
· As assigned.
Applications for this position will be accepted until January 27, 2020.
The personal information in your candidate profile is collected under the authority of the Niagara Parks Act, R.S.O. 1990, C.N.3, s.4(l) and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It will be used to assess your qualifications for the job postings to which you apply. If successful, your information will also be used for the creation of your employee profile under the authority of the Employment Standards Act, 2000, c.41, s.15(1). We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Niagara Parks will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require additional information regarding the collection and use of the personal information in your candidate profile, or would like to request an alternate format, please contact Niagara Parks at 905.295.4377 or by e-mail.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
Reference ID: 2020-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $84,284.00 to $100,561.00 /year
- Food and Beverage : 5 years (Preferred)