INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
CONTRACT – February 2020 - August 2020 (2 Days - 16 Hrs/ Week) REPOST
FAMILY COURT SUPPORT PROGRAM WORKER ASSISTANT
C.U.P.E. – Local 4393
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis (G-W WIC) is a dynamic, community-based, not for profit, feminist organization providing services to women and their children who have experienced domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking in Guelph and Wellington County.
If you are self-directed with the ability to work effectively within a team environment, are compassionate, creative and resourceful, please consider this opportunity to assist our Senior Family Court Support Worker.
· To orient women with Family Court procedures, arrange for and/or attend court and legal appointments with women as necessary.
· To provide referrals to women for complementary or alternative services that will support her Family Court process.
· To assist women in completing affidavits and other legal paperwork.
· To oversee the process of assigning volunteers, specifically for Family Court support.
· To provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution to women as needed.
· To maintain comprehensive case records using the Penelope database system.
· To complete all program documentation as required in a timely fashion.
· Paralegal or BSW minimum, post-secondary diploma or equivalent in social services.
· Minimum 2 years experience working with and advocating for women and children who have experienced abuse.
· Working Knowledge of the Family Law Act, Child and Family Services Act, Landlord and Tenant Act, Criminal Law, Civil Justice System and Legal Aid.
· Working experience with Family Court practices, procedures and systems, specifically with legal paperwork.
· Ability to provide service through a trauma informed lens.
· Proven initiative and effective problem solving ability.
· Excellent decision making and strong time management skills.
· Strong computer competency.
· Ability to access transportation to attend external client and community meetings within the City of Guelph.
· Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance Certificate and maintaining of clearance requirements during course of employment.
This position is part of the Collective Agreement of CUPE Local 4393.
Closing Date: Monday February 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Please send your resume including cover letter in confidence to:
Jennifer Davies – Manager P. O. Box 1451, Guelph, ON N1H 6N9 38 Elizabeth Street, Guelph, Ontario jennifer at gwwomenincrisis.org
If you require an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Jennifer Davies at (519) 836-1110 ext. 235.
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis is committed to building a diverse organization that works from an anti-racism, anti-oppression framework and in keeping with this principle, we encourage Indigenous women, women of colour, women with disabilities, lesbians, bisexual women and transwomen to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or other enquiries please.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract