At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next... and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
We bring healthier food options to people every day, and our team is driving these efforts to promote a healthier lifestyle best suited for you!
New Routes can take us anywhere, and that is discovering YOU to come on board to join us at UNFI Canada!
The electronic data interchange (EDI) specialist's responsibility is to develop, coordinate, implement, and manage all EDI-related developments for UNFI Canada. Responsible for analyzing and designing specifications used for enhancements and extensions in EDI applications, interfaces, and mappings. They coordinate all EDI testing, implementations, and upgrades. Additionally, the EDI specialist serves as the primary link between the business and any data-trading partners (both suppliers and customers) ; they work with all trading partners to onboard customers and suppliers determine the type of data UNFI to trade and develop guidelines and specifications for data exchange.
The EDI specialist's day-to-day responsibilities include establishing contact with trading partners, analyzing the data exchanged with any partners, observing data records to record any errors, and correcting any failures. EDI specialists work with employees at all levels of UNFI to support accurate, proper data exchanges within the organization. Responsible for ensuring EDI and Middleware production is maintained and transactional data is intact and flowing. The Coordinator position follows up on new and outstanding incidents to understand the problem, follows through to resolution, and documents Root Cause Analysis as needed. This person is responsible for point of contact with end users and customers and for maintaining a strong relationship with them.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Onboards EDI Customers and Suppliers.
- Ensures timely prioritization and completion of Remedy incidents.
- Acts as point of contact between development staff and internal and external users.
- Provides manager with daily updates on health and status of current production issues.
- Communicates production issues to alert the business of impact.
- Meets weekly with EDI and Middleware AppDev to coordinate on production issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Leads, coordinates, and administers key process improvements to AppDev implementations.
- Participates in design and review of new applications and integration strategies of EDI and Middleware systems.
- Understands, translates, and documents customer requirements to provide input for development and upgrade efforts.
- Recommends and executes modifications to EDI and Middleware systems to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure EDI and Middleware system integrity.
- Develops and maintains EDI and Middleware process documentation, EDI and Middleware training materials and systems documentation.
- Proposes and creates EDI system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Provides orientation and training to end-users for modified and new systems
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
- Two (2) years of systems development and implementation experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience in production metrics, process reporting, process documentation.
- Food and Distribution Industry preferred.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining EDI systems.
- Experience working on processes and projects with large scope.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative, fast-paced high demand environment.
- System Implementation preferred.
- Knowledge of EDI standard formats.
- SQL knowledge.
- Understanding of SDLC
- Customer/Vendor Outreach
- Sterling Integrator
- 850, 810, 855, 856 documents
- Good project management skills: This role has a number of projects the successful candidate will need to manage
- Self Sufficient, can work on their own and take the lead
- Competency in systems documentation.
- Strong analytical and tactical skills to manage risk and creatively develop contingency plans.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexible and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into EDI and Middleware systems issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Reference Check
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Onboarding EDI Customers and Suppliers: 3 years (Preferred)
- Food and Distribution Industry: 3 years (Required)