Accounts Receivables Specialist
Saint-Laurent (close to Rockland)
as long as you do 37,5 hours He doesnt care the time you come in and out
Its a rush position to fill before the holidays (temp) but will become permanent in January if all goes well
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be actively involved in day-to-day operations of the accounting department; primarily focusing on collections and reconciliation as well as ensuring timely recording of the company’s receivables
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Proactively monitor payments on customer accounts, collect past due invoices, investigate payment discrepancies
- Responsible for multi-currency cash application and remote deposits.
- Perform all month-end and year-end A/R reconciliation (including accruals and bad debt provision).
- Perform control checks to ensure vendor agreement compliance is respected.
- Work collaboratively with the E-commerce and Customer Service teams to resolve any discrepancies quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain a list of all customer profiles including contact information, discounts & terms .
- Perform credit analysis and identify and escalate any credit risks , collaborate in credit risk assessment and monitoring proper insurance coverage.
- Assist in internal and government audits.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and provide solutions for operational obstacles.
- Work closely with the Senior Analyst of Sales/AR and Assistant Controller on special projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar position
- College degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Team player and positive attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills – fluently bilingual (English and French), written and spoken
- Experience dealing with major retail accounts in Canada and USA considered an asset
Are you interested in what you are reading?
Email me your CV and we could discuss further!
Looking forward to talking to you