Are you sick of commuting long distances to work? Do you live in the Durham Region or eastern Toronto area? Do you want to work in a climate controlled environment?
Anwer Tech Inc, located in Pickering ON, is a leading Canadian manufacturer specializing in CNC machining and assembly services in business since 1976. We serve customers in the packaging, printing, medical, fluid control, and electronic industries. Anwer Tech is conveniently located close to Hwy 401 and local public transit routes.
Summary of Position
The CNC Lathe Setter/Operator position is responsible for the efficient setup and operation of CNC lathes, and related manual machinery to accurately produce manufactured parts that meet the quality, quantity and time specifications.
Nature and Scope
The CNC Setter/Operator will:
- Setup, operate and make necessary adjustments on CNC lathes in order to produce quality parts with very tight tolerances.
- Inspect and measure machined parts to ensure conformance to specifications using instruments such as micrometers, calipers, shadowgraph, gauge pins, and fixed gauges.
- Record keeping as directed by Supervisor. Accurately document and share production data and information to help improve efficiencies and processes.
- Educate others, where required, in becoming proficient at checking parts, operating machinery and have working knowledge of related Anwer Tech software and processes.
- Setup and operate of various manual lathes when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining machinery, tooling, fixtures and premises.
The CNC Lathe Setter/Operator will have:
- 3 to 5 years experience with programming, setup and operation of CNC lathes. Knowledge of Mazatrol is considered an asset..
- Ability to independently set up CNC machinery.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with CNC controls (Yasnac, Facuc, Mazatrol).
- Knowledge of “G” & “M” codes with programming/editing skills.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to read blueprints and have a good understanding of GD & T.
- Ability to use inspection tools as needed.
Anwer Tech currently operates two shifts.
The day shift hours of work are Mon – Fri from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. For training purposes, the training hours may be adjusted. Flex hours can be discussed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday