· Must be able to guide guests through the menu, answer questions, make recommendations, and suggest appropriate meals if required.
· Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
· Ensure that all guests benefit from current, on-going and upcoming promotions.
· Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
· Assist in the training and development of new employees when required.
· Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
· Perform various guest services by taking orders, serving food and beverages to the guests promptly.
· Collect payments from guests in a timely manner.
· Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
· Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
· Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
· Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, etc.
· Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
· Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
· Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
· Previous serving experience preferred, but not necessary.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
· Must be Serving it Right and Food Safe Level 1 certified or be willing to become certified.
· Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- FoodSafe Level 1 (Preferred)
- Serving It Right (Preferred)