We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to help lead our client-facing Business Intelligence team on their mission to ensure our clients receive exceptional dashboard and reporting services.
You will be responsible for scoping, developing, and deploying custom dashboard and reporting projects for our clients. In addition to this, you will work alongside the Manager, Professional Services toward the goal of developing and sustaining a high-performing team.
Absorb Software is a learning technology company based in Calgary, Alberta Canada, with offices in London, Dublin, Tampa, Boston, Salt Lake City and Sydney.
Absorb offers both Absorb Infuse, the first Learning Experience Platform (LXP) to offer a true in-the-flow learning experience, and our flagship product, Absorb LMS, an industry-leading and award-winning Learning Management System for businesses, higher education, government and non-profit agencies around the world. Absorb is setting new standards in learning technology and support, fueling companies who believe that people are their greatest asset.
We exceed expectations across enterprises, industries and continents, helping people learn at the speed of now and preparing companies for the future of work. How do we do it better? We pay attention to the details and go deep where it matters. Turning a culture of learning into a revenue engine for global titans the world over.
Care to join us?
Why work at Absorb Software:
All the perks:
- Work life balance
- Paid vacation
- RRSP matching/ Pension plan
- Casual dress code
- Work from home (one day a week, every week)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Multicultural work environment
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities
- Games room
- Professional development plans
- Weekly snacks/fruits/beverages
- Employer paid benefits: health, dental and vision
- Company/team building events
- Paid lunch break
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Produce custom dashboards and reports based on client requirements
- Liaise with Client stakeholders to conduct effective discussions on project/reporting needs, data specifications, priority and timeline to ensure high quality delivery of service
- Validate the quality and integrity of the data included dashboards & reports
- Recruit, hire and nurture a world-class Business Intelligence team
- Lead regular team meetings and mentor/coach team members
- Define, refine, and report on key operational metrics
- Promote and participate in developing our internal documentation
- Foster a culture of collaboration, high-performance and continuous learning
- Serve as the first escalation point for client and team issues
- Collaborate with other teams to address Business Intelligence related issues
- Drive Business Intelligence initiatives/activities and align them with Client Services business goals
What we are looking for;
- A University degree or diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical individuals
- 3-5 years experience in client-facing Business Intelligence and/or Business Analysis
- 3+ years experience of designing, implementing, and deploying custom reports
- 3+ years experience of implementing BI solutions in SQL 2008/2012 database, ETL, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- 3+ years experience with SQL queries, views, and procedures
- Proficiency in database access methods and utilities
- In-depth understanding of BI concepts of Data Warehousing, ETL processes and multidimensional cubes
- Strong analytical skills enabling translation of complex business requirements into technical requirements.
- Strong organization and time management skills
Applicants must show proof of legal eligibility to work in Canada and for Absorb Software.
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL queries, views: 3 years (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)