Intelliwave Technologies is a high-tech, fast-growth company headquartered in Edmonton. Our flagship product, SiteSense®, offers innovative solutions combining sensor hardware, software and services for tracking materials and managing material on large industrial construction projects. Intelliwave does business around the world with customers on every continent. Our flagship product, SiteSense®, is a web-based cloud system for asset tracking and material management.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer who is passionate about making great software. This role will design and develop new functionality, and maintain current customer install base. The Junior Software Developer will design and develop web, mobile and core software using the latest cloud technologies. A wide degree of creativity, leadership, and being an ultimate team player is expected.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Have a working knowledge of Intelliwave’s software applications and hardware solutions.
- Follow software development processes using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Develop bug fixes and new functionality for SiteSense® software.
- Perform requirements gathering, architectural design, development and testing.
- Use testing tools to ensure software quality.
Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, open work environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Software related field.
- Passion for software development.
- Experience with Object Oriented Development (ie C# .NET, Java)
- Experience developing with databases. (MSSQL/MySQL, NoSQL/MongoDB).
- Experience using test tools and developing automated tests.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies (GPS, Bluetooth, RFID).
- Knowledge of cloud based services (ie. Virtualization, Storage, Database).
- Team player as well as a self-starter who needs little supervision.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work schedule
- Standard Benefits (includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Company paid RRSP contributions
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)