1. Provided efficient and timely first level / remote support to IT Service desk users
2. Process incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone / e-mail / Web and ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues or requests.
3. As per ITSM processes, create tickets and prioritize as required
4. Ensure tickets are handled in accordance with service-level agreements
5. Provide first level resolution at Service desk for incidents and requests:
- Diagnose issues / requests based on functional or technical description provided by users
- Solve issues / requests through remote control software or operating processes
- Support / coach users as required
6. When required, ensure efficient and clear hand off to other support groups and conduct effective ticket lifecycle management (Assume responsibility of assigned tickets, from receipt through completion and closure.)
7. Handle critical user incidents, associated user communications, activities and any appropriate escalations as required
8. Communicate efficiently and suitably with users, assuming control of the relationship
9. Participate in developing documentation, knowledge base artifacts and optimizing technical support procedures
10. Assists with other departmental requests as required and performs special projects as assigned.
- College degree, ideally in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an IT Service desk environment.
- Bilingualism (English/French) with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Literacy in a certain number of hard skills: basic skills in hot-line service, remote handling and level 1 incident solving.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software, PC architecture and technology, peripherals and networks, Window type OS and its evolutions.
- General understanding of client/servers and network architecture.
- Knowledge of Remedy Helpdesk
- Knowledge of ITSM concepts – ITIL Certification is an asset
- Organizational skills and rigor are essential to hold this position.
- Excellent sense of service with strong customer focus (active listening, self-control).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good working relationships with others.
- Good resistance to stress and pressure
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently. Monitors own work for quality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a maturing environment.
- Knowledge of Service Desk administration tools and procedures.
- Very good analytical mind and organizational and planning skills.
- Mature and professional approach to work.
- Very good team spirit.
- Available and capable of adapting quickly to changing technologies.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Helpdesk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Francais et Anglais (Preferred)