United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County has made a promise to the community - to change the odds for children and their families so they have the same chance to succeed in school and life. We have adopted the community problem-solving approach called collective impact which allows us to directly engage the community.
Along with our partners, we seek to achieve population level outcomes and realize the vision of improving outcomes for children and youth from cradle to career to reduce poverty.
This is a contract position: September 2019 - August 31, 2020
The Coordinator, Evaluation & Community Engagement will work closely with the Director, Continuous Improvement & Advocacy as well as the Manager of Strategic Community Engagement to support three pillars of this work:
1. (40%) Assist in the development of the evaluation framework, metrics and data governance and sharing framework that will enable the measurement of successful interventions that are identified and co-designed with neighbourhood residents and other stakeholders
2. (35%) Assist in the implementation of a process to meaningfully engage priority neighbourhoods via Community Action Network Working Groups (CAN) to identify solutions and interventions that will increase child and youth success
3. (25%) Provide support to the collective impact called ProsperUs in collaboration with the Backbone team including grant writing, researching, scheduling, reporting and other assigned duties
As an employee of United Way, the Coordinator will be a member of the Backbone team and assist in United Way's organizational transformation to support this strategy and to advance community and United Way goals.
The Coordinator, Evaluation & Community Engagement position will support the implementation to engage CAN working groups in priority neighbourhoods in the development of the C2C strategy. These CAN's will be comprised of key stakeholders including service organizations, subject matter experts and residents ensuring diverse representation. The Coordinator will work as part of the backbone team to ensure alignment of the C2C activities within the continuous improvement framework.
- Assist in the implementation of the process to engage residents and key stakeholders in priority neighbourhoods to develop the C2C strategy
- Assist with convening and facilitating partnership groups towards aligned action
- Assist with the design of a continuous improvement approach to achieve measurable impact of the Cradle to Career strategy
- Support in developing/maintaining relationships with community and ProsperUs Data and Evaluation partners who will be involved in evaluation and data sharing efforts
- Assist in the efforts to build community capacity in program evaluation
- Conduct research into best practices on interventions and evaluation methodologies
- Support advocacy efforts on behalf of ProsperUs and United Way
- Build, maintain and steward the relationships of ProsperUs partners related to community engagement and strategy development
- Support the ProsperUs Leadership Table learning process
- Provide general support to ProsperUs Leadership Council as required
- Grant writing to support backbone team/strategy development
- Assist the team in supporting the United Way Board of Directors and staff learning process related to Cradle to Career strategy, United Way as backbone and their impact on the organization's business model and governance structure
Desired Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in strategy design and evaluation methodology
- Understanding of human centered design principles that can be leveraged in strategy design
- Ability to foster trust, engage in open communication with diverse partners including residents
- Ability to engage in system thinking, helping draw connections and build alignment between ideas, programs, initiatives and partners
- Ability to synthesize information and to discuss complex processes in accessible terms to groups and individuals
- Confidence and humility to ask questions, admit and address challenges and "fail forward" contributing to a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and collaborate with other staff members
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends to accommodate community outreach schedules
- Bachelor Degree (Master's degree preferred) in social work, business, public health or other related fields with an emphasis on strategy/community development
- Experience in both community engagement and project management
- Experience working with data and data-base systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Access to a vehicle required
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County considers the principles of inclusiveness and diversity in its hiring practices.
Application Deadline: September 18th, 2019
Job Type: Full-time