World Wide Customs Brokers Ltd. (WWCB) is a full-service customs brokerage, freight forwarding, and distribution company headquartered in Calgary with locations across Alberta and BC. For over 40 years we have been providing tailor-made and high-quality services across these divisions to our clientele and we are poised to keep growing.
We are looking for a detail-oriented to join our dynamic and energetic team!
What You Will Be Doing
Providing customer service and operational support within the Calgary International Department: Air Export/Import, Sea Export/Import, and Trucking. You will act as a liaison between internal staff members and outside customers.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Assist with the coordination of special projects as assigned, coordinate and monitor the movement of shipments.
- Send pre-alert notices to customers for upcoming shipments.
- Assist within the import/export operation (air, ocean, freight, and customer service) to ensure accurate processing of paperwork to minimize errors.
- Assist with tracking & tracing of shipments, filing of e-manifest, and arranging deliveries.
- Assist with payables and vendor maintenance
- Maintain accurate filing system(s), update/input details of shipments in the system and ensure accuracy for billing.
- Provide backup support within the department during busy periods, vacations, and unexpected employee absences.
- Learn process flow of the Department and provide assistance to team members as needed.
Who You Are
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Go-getter with a contagious attitude
- Team player who is passionate about helping others
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Work well with minimal supervision and autonomy
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to respond to stressful situations with confidence.
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed expectations
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Currently enrolled in International Transportation related certification program (CITT or CIFFA preferred).
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, based on previous experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive Benefits including extended health, dental, Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance, and company sponsored pension plans
- Growth opportunities
- Education allowance and industry specific training
If this position is of interest to you, please submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your skills and qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Customer service: 3 years (preferred)
- CITT or CIFFA Certificate (preferred)