At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Canopy is looking for a well organized, highly motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our Scientific Development team. If you have sound judgment, great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of an ever-growing team, we want to hear from you!
- Owner/author of technical documents pertaining to, but not limited to: equipment files, material files, room files, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), FORMs, work instructions, non-conformances, planned deviations, change controls, product specification sheets.
- Responsible for working closely with all teams within the department and outside of the department (as needed).
- Manage and update all technical documents within the department.
- Manage equipment labeling.
- Manage and update all hard copies of technical documentation and department related documents.
- Establish and maintain a documentation system.
- Initiate and oversee approval process of all technical documents in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Review and edit any technical documents written by another member of the department.
- Reading and research various scientific literature (e.g. primary/secondary research papers, technical reports, validation reports, etc.)
- Conducting reference searches.
- Other tasks, as required.
- Post-Secondary education; background in chemistry is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory setting is an asset.
- Previous experience working within a Quality Management System is an asset.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural material for multiple audiences.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; meticulous.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills.
- Must be meticulous in work and note-taking.
- Able to work independently and safely.
This is a full time position based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.