BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share this knowledge? Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself. Are you someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and thrives on deadlines? Chandos is leading change in the Canadian construction industry. We specialize in complex projects where value can be delivered to the client through collaborative project delivery models, lean methodologies and building information modelling. We are an award winning, innovative Canadian builder that seeks a Project Accountant located in our Calgary office.
Are you someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Accounting team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide a high level of customer service to all clients, vendors and internal project teams
- Process trade Accounts Payable invoicing ensuring proper approvals and compliances are met
- Prepare payments and review team members payment reports ensuring proper controls are in place and being adhered to
- Prepare and audit monthly lump sum and cost-plus client billings, with supporting backup as required
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor as required with adhoc tasks and reporting such as managing the setup of new vendors, compiling weekly wire transfers, completing credit applications.
- Assist with the month end close process by completing accruals and balance sheet account reconciliations with supporting working papers
- Support project managers as needed to help ensure project financials are accurate and resolve all WIP related issues
- Promote continuous improvement within the Accounting department
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Designation CPA, CA, CMA, CGA would be considered an asset
- Three or more years’ project accounting experience
- Construction or EPC industry experience would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So, send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.
Job Type: Full-time