Metalumen, as a designer and manufacturer of elegant energy and lighting products, is committed to a culture based on communication, collaboration, product excellence, on-time delivery, and customer and agent responsiveness. Metalumen utilizes risk-based analysis and corresponding prioritized actions to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers and agents through the continuous improvement of our products and processes. We will achieve this by defining and attracting the best talent; establishing a culture of disciplined innovation and the implementation of cycle-time improvements enterprise-wide. As a company, Metalumen is dedicated to the adherence, regular monitoring and on-going development of our Quality Management System.
Position Title: Sub-Assembly Technician
Supervisor: Sub Assembly Team Leader
Reporting directly to the Lead Hand and Sub-Assembly Team Lead, the incumbent is responsible to sub-assemble, fit, wire and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finished products using hand and / or power tools.
- Set-up Table & Work Space before each Job and Keep Area Clean
- Fasten Parts according to Drawings using Bolting or other Fastening Equipment & Joining techniques
- Operate Pump Cart or other Material Handling Device(s) to transport or Position Larger Parts as Required.
- Check Sub-Assemblies & Inspect Finished Products to ensure they meet the Quality Standard
- Be Competent in Spot-Welding
- Able to Load and Off-Load Paint-line
- Label and Identify Assembled Components according to Customer Requirements.
- Required to use Gauges & Measuring Equipment to ensure Quality
- Able to Lift up to 50lbs
- Complies with all Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures at all times. Without Limitation, Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times in accordance with Metalumen’s Policies
- Maintains a Clean and Well-Organized Work Area; Works in Conjunction with Afternoon Shift Employees to do so
- Act as a back-up to the painter: spray painting of various parts manually and with automatic spray booth
- Any other job duties and responsibilities as assigned and required by the supervisor
Skills and Competencies
- 2 Years’ Experience in a Small to Medium Sub-Assembly Department
- Powder paint experience an asset
- Accepts Ownership & Accountability for own Actions and is Persistent in following up on Daily Plan
- Ability to interpret Colors, Blue prints & Measurements on Design Drawings to be able to Visually Match a Part against a Print
- Respects Diversity & Treats others with Respect. Avoids Unnecessary Conflict
- Effectively Communicates with Co-Workers, Employees & Customers
- Is Energetic, Innovative and Shares New Ideas in an Effort to Continuously Improve the Process
- Ability/Willingness to Work Flexible Shifts: Day shift, Afternoon and Saturdays
What we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Great compensation/benefits package
- Education and training reimbursement
- Recreational reimbursement
- Employee recognition program
- Social events throughout the year
We sincerely thank all applicants for the interest in this position, however due to the volume of the resumes, we will contact only candidates that closely match the requirements of the position.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code, Metalumen is committed to providing inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Please notify Human Resources of any accommodation you may require.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)