Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Interested in gaining valuable work experience and starting your rewarding career?
Join Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Student Intern, Enterprise Risk Management for a 4-month contract, within our Chief Risk Officer sector. This sector enables each employee to embrace strategic risks within established limits.
This is a great way for a student to gain significant skills, learn and grow in a field of their interest. You will also help contribute to our 2030 goal that is to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate in a post-secondary institution with a focus in Finance, Information Technology, Business Management or a related discipline.
- Bilingualism (English and French) preferred.
- Good judgment, excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management/employees in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, professionalism).
- Demonstrated communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Proficiency in using MS Office (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel).
This job posting will be active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
Job Requisition ID:
Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.