Reporting to the Supervisor, Food Services, is responsible for cleaning and sanitation required within the kitchen, dining areas and serveries; transports meals, food supplies and dietary equipment throughout the facility; assists with on-line ordering and inventory control for food items and supplies for the Dietary Department in accordance to menus and catering needs.
- Responsible for the cleaning, sanitization and contamination control of major pieces of equipment and of the physical Department, in compliance with Department policy and Health and Safety regulations.
- Operates commercial cleaning equipment and cleans all areas of the kitchen including washing furnishings, floors and walls with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants; washes/wipes and sanitizes all heavy pieces of equipment, refrigerators, ranges, range hoods, fans and other stationary and non-stationary equipment.
- Cleans pots and other heavy food serving and preparation equipment including food service carts.
- Transports meals from the main kitchen area to various dining areas or resident rooms.
- Receives food orders; transports food, supplies and equipment from storage area to other dining areas.
- Maintains kitchen areas in appropriate order.
- Assists the Supervisor of Food Service to prepare and regularly update the order guide.
- Rotate stock and supplies in storage and refrigeration units.
- Communicate shortages and back orders with the Team Leader and vendor.
- Assists in on the job “buddy training system” of other employees as assigned.
- Participates in facility C.Q.I. and Occupational Health and Safety programs and on committees, work groups, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet Branch and Department objectives.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
As Required and Varied
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 17, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$24.22 to $26.33 per hour