We are looking for an exceptional person to join our team as lead-implementer of our Alinity software solution. The work requires a mix of analytical and programming skills, and the confident to engage with customers about their detailed business processes.
Alinity is a cloud-based enterprise database solution based on the Microsoft MVC/SQL Server stack with full support for mobile devices. It is a framework designed to be customized to meet the unique needs of our clients. While many customizations are implemented through pre-defined control parameters, many customization requiring hard skills in TSQL/SQL.
In this position, you will be working directly with customers to configure and customize the software, and in training customers. Typical implementations are 3-6 months in duration.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Analyzing customer requirements
- Creating custom forms
- Writing SQL queries and reports
- Writing data conversion programs
- Communicating status and schedule updates to customers
- Troubleshooting technical problems and researching solutions
- Working with other team members to devise product improvements
Job Type / Category
Our target market is self-regulated professions responsible for licensing their members, ensuring competence of practice, and investigation of complaints. Our clients include colleges of physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, law societies and various other professions.
The successful candidate must work in our office in Edmonton. While work-from-home options are available, at least 3 days per week in office is required to maximize collaboration with colleagues. An 8 hour day is standard, overtime and travel are not required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field
- 2 or more years of experience developing database applications based on SQL Server
- Intermediate or higher skills in creating SQL queries (verified skill testing in part of our evaluation process)
- Strong communication skills in English
- 1 or more years developing reports using Microsoft Report Builder™
- 1 or more years experience creating complex XML documents
- Fluency in French or Spanish
We build and support the Alinity Regulatory Management System- a cloud-based web and mobile application for managing professional licensing organizations. We are looking for an energetic person with experience in database software development and a passion for technology to join our team.
We are a dynamic team of 10 individuals with a passion for delivering great software and customer service. We have an established client base and a new product version created specifically to allow us to expand our market. This is a great opportunity to get in early with an expanding company with good venture capital support.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- database software development: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- English (Required)