Wage: $200 flat rate for the week that you are scheduled.
About SPRINT Senior Care:
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
We supply services regardless of ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and are committed to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) inclusiveness.
- Work from home
- Bargaining Unit Position
- Monday to Friday 6pm - 10pm
- Monday to Friday 6am - 8am
- Saturday, Sunday, and Statutory Holidays 6am - 10pm
- Occasional overnights
- You will be scheduled once every 3 weeks (1 or 2 times/month)
The On-Call Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for administrative and service responsibilities such as staff scheduling, tracking and maintaining accurate client funding records, and problem solving with clients. This role involves interacting with clients and staff over the phone in a fast-paced environment. As such, there is intensive telephone and computer usage with the expectation of maintaining a warm and positive demeanour at all times.
- Responsible for organizing, coordinating and implementing service provision according to the care plan on weekends and after hours (on call i.e. 6pm to 10:00 pm and 6am to 8 am).
- Process new client referrals.
- Schedule client visits when VHA calls with new referrals or changes in service hours.
- Schedule client visits when West Neighbourhood House calls with new Home at Last (HAL) referrals.
- Report Not Found Visits and hospital admissions to the LHIN, VHA and IHS Scheduling Coordinators.
- Work effectively with the office staff, PSWs, VHA staff, clients and/or caregivers as needed for overall service provision.
- Record all activity on the On Call After Hours Report and e-mail the information to the IHS Scheduling Coordinators/Manager daily.
- Degree or College certificate in social services, gerontology or administration
- Recent experience working with seniors
- 1-2 years of recent comparable experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated experience using a client/patient management system; CIMS is preferred
- Experience reporting to funders
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Must be able to quickly problem solve and prioritize phone calls
- Excellent multitasking skills, including the ability to listen and type at the same time
- Access to personal laptop or desktop
- Able to work independently in a high pressure work environment
- Must be proficient in using a computer with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Available to work in shift rotation on weekends and statutory holidays.
- Satisfactory completion of the technical skills testing component may be required
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources and Volunteer Services at 416-481-0669, ext. 224
Job Types: Casual, Permanent
Salary: $200.00 /week
- Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)