INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a successful and expanding Canadian firm that specializes in design, build and modify wide variety of highest quality luxury and security standard armored trucks, vans, SUVs, and limousines. For over 25 years the company utilizes a combination of advanced custom-made technologies, modern composite, and transparent ballistic materials to create superb luxury, yet top-secure vehicles for its very happy clients around the world.
Motor Vehicle Assembler reports to the Engineering R&D Director. This individual will assemble a wide variety of armored/non-armored vehicle parts and install prefabricated components to form subassemblies and finished vehicles, or modify basic components, subassemblies, accessories, and finished products to ensure proper performance and conformity to quality standards.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, drawings, assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists while ensuring assembly bill of material accuracy;
- Check parts picked/delivered to parts required, subassemblies, tools, and other materials. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required;
- Position parts and subassembly by using templates or reading measurements; & verify specifications by measuring completed component;
- Assemble, fit and install pre-made parts to form pieces or finished products such as armored, non-armored vehicles, APC, suspension elements, window-lifter systems, emergency escape systems, roof-hatches, fire-extinguisher systems, oxygen supplies, locking systems, parade roofs, rims and complete wheels, electronic components and bulletproof glass, in accordance with VPAM and STANAG regulations;
- Assemble stretched and / or roof raised limousines – armoured and non-armoured; stretched of SUV´s – armoured and non-armoured;
- Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources;
- Homologation on all types of vehicles (passenger cars, SUV´s, van´s, trucks and armored vehicles) in accordance to ECE 2007/49;
- Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly by conducting inspection for conformance to drawings and specifications, functional operation and appearance and making mechanical adjustments as needed.
- Test and validation armored/non-armored vehicles, all parts, components and systems up to complete vehicles, and wiring for proper performance;
- Inspect parts and fully assembled vehicles for defects; and ensure that previously noted defects have been corrected;
- Document actions by completing production and forms; and input data of parts received into ERP database, if required;
- Check performance of completed components to ensure compliance to quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school;
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in armored vehicle manufacturing environment or six months of assembly experience;
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility;
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings schematics, blueprints and assembly instructions;
- R&D experience, and armored vehicle manufacturing assembly knowledge;
- Ability to communicate, work in a team and collaborate with others;
- Methodical, analytical, problem-solving skills and able to digest lots of information;
- Respectful of the work environment (storage, cleanliness, maintenance of equipment);
- ISO certification and/or QC experience, as an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Are you able to understand understand manufacturing drawings schematics, blueprints and assembly instructions?
- Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (preferred)
- armored vehicle manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
- R&D: 1 year (preferred)
- ISO Certification (preferred)