The Warehouse Associate performs a variety of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming product, picking, and filling orders from stock, stacking, and wrapping product and/or building pallets. Warehouse Associates are active throughout their day working independently using a voice-controlled system to select full-case dry, cool, or frozen products in a multi-temperature food service warehouse environment using powered material handling equipment.
Martin Brower is an innovative global supply chain solutions leader providing end-to-end solutions for restaurant chains across 19 countries. The Brampton Distribution Centre is a 24/7 facility servicing over 450 restaurants in Ontario.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Safely and accurately select customer orders. Build and wrap pallets to meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy.
- Hand stack cases of product weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively from floor to over-head
- Shrink wrap orders with label and move completed order to the loading dock area using electronic pallet jack or walkie-rider equipment.
- Move products from racks to pallets directed by order selecting software and equipment.
- Validate that correct product has been selected and is damage free.
- Accurately receive inbound products and replenish inventory as needed.
- Perform pre-shift equipment checks and safely operate material handling equipment (pallet jack/forklift)
- Perform basic sanitation duties to maintain a clean and safe environment; clear aisles of debris, stacks empty pallets from slots in aisle and return pallet jacks to charging area.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures.
- Hourly rate starting at $23.39 (plus applicable shift premiums). Progressive rate increase after the first 18 months of employment
- Rate increases to $27.95/hour (plus applicable shift premiums) after 2 years of employment; ongoing semi-annual rate increase until 2 additional years of employment, and further increases as per CBA
- High potential for overtime during peak season and restaurant promotions
- Overtime offered as per following:
- One and a half (1 ½) times regular hourly rate, plus applicable shift premium, for work over 10 hours on scheduled day of work
- One and a half (1 ½) times regular hourly rate, plus applicable shift premium, for all hours worked over 40 hours per week
- Two (2) times regular hourly rate, plus applicable shift premium, for all hours worked, over 12 hours on scheduled day of work
- Two (2) times regular hourly rate plus applicable shift premium for all hours worked over 48 hours per work week
- RRSP contribution by the company without any minimum contribution by the employee of $600 per month after the first year of service
- Benefits paid by the company (100%)
- Annual boot and uniform allowance post probation period
- Must be flexible with availability as our warehouse is a 24\*7 operation and you will have to rotate between various shifts.
- Must be able to work in a cold or freezer environment
- Able to repetitively lift and move heavy boxes (up to 55lbs)
- Warehouse experience in high-volume, food-service, distribution or logistics or equivalent experience is an asset
- Forklift and electric pallet jack experience is an asset
- Team player, great work ethic, and a positive attitude
This position must pass a post-offer background and physical test
This role includes weekend work (with weekend premium) as well as variability in shift start/finish timings based on job location. Shift timings and scheduled days of work may change from time to time based on business requirements; therefore, flexibility in your schedule is a job requirement. Regular shifts are 10-hour shifts. Sunday to Saturday, any shift, with weekend work required. Safety boots are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
At Martin Brower of Canada we embrace the unique abilities, experiences, and cultural backgrounds each individual brings to our team. We are committed to treating everyone fairly and provide opportunities to succeed. We are Stronger Together
Martin-Brower of Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $23.39 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)