For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them. From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer's requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
Duties include inspecting and packing bottles at standard rate on assigned line(s) Responsible for general housekeeping. Assisting in scrap removal and grinding. Will pull plastic. May be required to load a conveyor and pack either blank or decorated bottles. May be required to tape and unitize cartons.
The Packer is responsible for ensuring efficient operation of the packing department as well as assisting with other departments within the facility. This position helps guarantee that all manufactured items are ready for shipment by placing them into containers and preparing them for transport
· Load product from production lines into trailers efficiently
· Monitor, clear and reset production lines
· Maintain smooth product flow and notify operator when there is an issue
· Assist Machine Operators with the start-up and shut down of machines
· Visually check all product ensuring it’s of the highest quality and dispose of any defective items
· Operate and monitor the semi-automatic bagger
· Continually inspect all bagging machines ensuring efficiency and effectiveness and reset machines when needed
· Identify and communicate all potential safety hazards and concerns
· Complete daily quality control reports, inspections and investigations with supervisor
· Continually maintain a safe and clean work environment
· Grind up rejected bottles and keep area safe and clean of debris
· Assist and train all new employees
· Support other departments as needed
· Complete all required monthly safety training
· Always adhere to company safety policies
· Ensure all policies and procedures are followed
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time
· Remain focused and efficient while conducting repetitive tasks and working within tight deadlines
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· An ability to lift 10 lbs.
· High level of integrity and work ethic
· An ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Able to work a rotating shift schedule
· Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times within the facility
AUTHORITY LEVEL (if applicable):
Required: High School or GED
Required: 1 years manufacturing experience
Required: Must be dependable, have a good attendance record and be able to understand bottle specifications to assure proper bottle inspection
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care