A place to work, and a place to connect. We know that there is life outside of work, but we also believe that while at work, it should be fun.
Our hiring practices were built around a simple idea - we want passionate people who are open-minded and who love providing great experiences for our guests. It’s our people who make us so successful. If this sounds good to you, then we'd love to meet you!
The Cashier is responsible for all cash handling and has proficiency in operating a point-of-sale system.
As the successful candidate your main responsibilities will be:
- Handling money and ensure proficiency in operating a point-of-sale system.
- Processing cash and credit card transactions and provide proper change to guests as necessary.
- Maintaining a clean and organized station. Ensures the cleanliness of POS, printers, phone, counters, and keeps the necessary stock of packaging materials, menus, and other supplies.
- Ensuring that all devices such as tablets are functional and online during operating hours and be ready to accept orders.
- Ensuring backup coverage for host when necessary.
- Following proper cash handling and house account reconciliation.
- Interacting with our guests and ensuring they have an excellent dining experience.
- Creating positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly, timely manner.
- Completing assigned opening/closing duties.
- Working as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member's role in the guest dining experience.
- Exercising sound judgment and possess good problem-solving skills.
- All other duties assigned by management.
The qualifications for this position are as follows:
- 1 year of cash handling preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of math.
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times.
- Great multitasking, communication, and time management skills.
- Commitment to succeed in a team-orientated environment.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
Should you require any assistance, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Niagara Falls, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Cash handling: 1 year (preferred)