Covered Bridge Potato Chip Company is looking for an Interim-HR Administrator to fill a 12 month maternity leave position.
Responsible to the Financial Controller, the HR Administrator works as a “consultant” to all departments. They are responsible to provide recommendations based on employment standards and a firm understanding of the collective agreement.
The HR Administrator develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the specified duties. They will also continue to develop and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
Specific of accountabilities of this role will include:
- Writing directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Recruiting, interviews, tests, and aiding in the selection of employees to fill vacant positions.
- Planing and conducting new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Administering benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Advising management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Consulting with Management on discipline issues. Attending discipline meetings, providing documentation, and maintaining documentation/HR files
- Liaising with Union, ensuring all measures of Collective agreement are being adhered to, including updating seniority lists
- Preparing employee separation notices and related documentation, and maintaining administrative information like time off tracking, time-cards, key fobs etc.
- Create content for employee areas, LinkedIn, and publish monthly company newsletters.
Skills & Education
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to write memos, policies, and articles. Ability to communicate effectively to top management, staff and/or public groups.
Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Manage relationships between staff and management. Ability to make strategic plans and recommendations to promote internal company values and community.
Experience with Microsoft Office
Web-based creative/publication tools (ex: CANVA)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or College Diploma in a Human Resources/Management field, one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CPHR candidate would be considered an asset and/or a willingness to work toward CPHR designation.
Two of the Core Values of Covered Bridge Chips are "Family" and "Local". We believe these values apply to not only who we are while at work, and the way we interact with each, but also who we are outside of work. With that in mind we offer flexible time off with Life Admin Days, appointments and sick time. The nature of the HR role involves being present for people, but there is opportunity and flexibility to work from home from time-to-time.
Other benefits offered: Health & Dental plan
Company gym membership
Application Deadline & Start Date:
All applications should be submitted by May 20th, 2020.
In order to allow for adequate training opportunities applicants should be available to start approximately the first week of June.
*COVID-19 Accommodations: Interviews will be conducted virtually to maintain physical distancing, once hired precautions will be taken to safely work and train new individuals in this role.
Reference ID: HR-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- human resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19