Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking Driver Recruiter, Trainer and Compliance Representative to join our team.
This role will have simultaneous responsibilities for driver compliance; as well as, recruiting and retention. Reporting to the Director of Driver Services for safety and compliance and to the HR Director for driver recruitment, training, orientation and retention. This position is responsible for the recruitment and on-boarding of new drivers and compliance management of existing drivers. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively source and recruit new candidates by participating in networking activities, sourcing marketing opportunities and exploring prospects
- Conduct interviews and complete reference checks on candidates
- Ensure driver applications are complete and required documents are filed
- Conduct road tests, re-evaluation tests and “in cab teaching” as required
- Facilitate orientation and training sessions including but not limited to hours of service, TDG, pre/post trip inspection, load securement, CFA certification, forklift, WHMIS
- Foster relationships with drivers by consistent communication
- Coach, mentor and assist drivers in group sessions or one on one
- Participate in corporate safety programs ensuring a safe work environment
- Periodically inspect vehicles for conformity and cleanliness
- Assist WS&H and HR in the preparation of Worker’s Compensation and Group Insurance claims
- Prepare reports and documentation related to safety and driver services
- Assist WS&H and HR with incident/accident investigations
- Other duties as assigned and required in support of safety, driver services and recruitment and retention
Three years’ experience in recruitment within the distribution, logistics, or transportation field. Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to facilitate training and orientation session; as well, has the ability to lead discussions with candidates or potential candidates in order to foster strong and lasting relationships. Excellent and effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Strong organizational, analytical and conflict resolution skills that anticipate and deal effectively with outcomes or challenges. Able to work independently and with a minimum of supervision. Experience using Microsoft Office software and applicant tracking software would be an asset.
Ideally you have operational experience in LTL/TL transportation or logistics with ability to travel within the terminal service area as well as to other terminals. A Class 1 or AZ license is ideal.
We Offer a work environment focused on continuous improvement supported by autonomy and empowerment with a competitive base salary; health benefits; life and disability insurance; retirement packages (Matched pension, RRSP, Stock Options); and profit sharing program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Match
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- staffing: 1 year (Preferred)