The mission of Webmainland Media Ltd is to bridge the inclusion gap between the local community and Chinese newcomers and immigrants. The company was founded in October 2015, and we started our journey by helping realtors in Greater Vancouver reach Chinese newcomers. Since then, we do business as Realtoraccess, but it is not enough.
What we do
With the growing immigrant population and the need for diversity and inclusions, one pressing issue is the lack of connection channels between locals and newcomers. And because of the language barrier and cultural differences, realtors cannot serve customers if they don't fully understand.
With the growing immigrant population and the need for diversity and inclusions, one pressing issue is the lack of connection channels between local realtors and newcomers. In addition, with language barriers and cultural differences, realtors and local businesses cannot fully serve customers if they don’t fully understand their needs.
We have gathered a group of web designers, data scientists, writers, analysts, and programmers working together to help local businesses, real estate agents and community stakeholders. During COVID -19, we started to build Linli Talk: a smart social connector that introduces newcomers and immigrants to small group video gatherings, which expand newcomers’ local connections and interpersonal relationships in the community.
Our community marketing solutions connect locals with Chinese newcomers and immigrants. This requires automation and the applications of cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence and blockchain.
The primary responsibility is to design, build, document new or existing web applications, including both frontend and backend tasks. The person will work with a team of web/mobile app developers and business resources to build high-performing, user-friendly web applications. This is a paid internship, however, compensation is based on experience.
- Work independently or with R&D team in coding and testing of code
- Implement design specs accurately
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendations to the project lead
- Implement recommended design changes, unit tests and regression tests for both performance and data integrity
- Document all changes made
- You will work with contracted developers onshore and offshore, UI/UX designers to iterate the features across multiple platforms.
- You will need to build some new features and APIs. You will also upgrade existing features.
Who You Are
- Working experience with OO design methodology in PHP, MVC frameworks, WordPress development;
- Knowledge with Mysql, MangoDB, Redis, Varnish, node.js, Percona DB cluster, RabbitMQ
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development
- Hands-on experience creating/using RESTful API
- Experience with any eCommerce system development is a plus
- Knowledge of software implementation best practices, especially Agile and SCRUM
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing and complex environment
- Candidate should be self-motivated, can work both independently or with the team, detail-oriented, be responsible team-player
- The candidate should possess excellent communication skills
This role is for the Science Horizons Youth Internship (SHI) Program. You must
- Participants must be age 30 and under and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold refugee status in Canada
- Must have a post-secondary accomplishment (some exceptions apply) and is not an existing full-time permanent employee
This position will be primarily working from home/remote. You will be required to attend online team meetings.
The project will last 6-10 months.
Please send us your resume and cover letter, letting us know a bit about yourself, why you would like to work for us and what makes you the best candidate for the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: Up to $55,000.00 per year
- any Chinese language (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19