At Save-On-Foods, our Protective Services Guards play an essential role in keeping our stores safe for customers and team members and we are calling on you to join our team!
Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, the Save On Foods Resource Protection Department is actively recruiting proactive, dynamic, and experienced security guards willing to make a difference in the community.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop a career in security, join Save On Foods' Resource Protection Department as a Protective Services Guard.
PROTECTIVE SERVICES GUARD
As a Protective Services Guard, you will spend your days observing and greeting customers. Using your knowledge and expertise, you will identify situations of theft, fraud, and mischief and take the appropriate actions to ensure the store remains safe and secure. You will also be responsible for following company policies to ensure situations are handled safely and correctly. You will gain first-hand experience in a security field, develop your confidence to handle a variety of situations, and have an opportunity to build your career within the Save On Foods Resource Protection Department.
As a Save On Foods - Protective Services Guard, you can expect:
· 40 hours per week.
· Opportunity to make a difference in the company and your community.
· Excellent benefits package after 3 months; dental coverage after 1 year.
· Opportunity for career development, dependent on performance and commitment to company.
· Standard Starting Wage: $18.31/hr
- We are offering up to a $500 bonus to successful candidates depending on experience and availability.
Protective Services Guard Requirements:
· Prior Security experience is an asset.
· Advanced Security Training is an asset
· Valid Security Worker’s License will be required upon start of position.
· Strong work ethic.
· Strong morals and highest level of integrity.
· Quick decision making skills.
· Strong ability to problem solve.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work alone and in a team environment
· Strong physical ability to assist in the arrest and detainment of suspects.
· Must be able to walk continuously for hours at a time.
By becoming a Protective Services Guard with Save On Foods you will develop the confidence to handle any situation and have opportunities to advance your career!
Apply online with your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their resumes but only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps.
· Extended health care
· Vision care
· Dental care
· On-site parking
· Life insurance
· Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Salary: $18.31 w/ up to a $500 bonus!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.31 /hour
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- BC Security Worker Licence (Preferred)