* This role is only open to remote-based candidates based in the Greater Vancouver area *
We’re looking for an Assistant Controller to join our team and be part of our next stage of growth. As our Assistant Controller, your top priority is to assist in all financial activities. Your day is filled with variety as you will be wearing multiple hats including performing financial and accounting functions and offering financial insights and analysis to help us scale. You will learn the business, own your portion of the work, and pitch in when necessary.
Who we are
Traction Rec empowers customers with great technology. Built on the Salesforce platform, we enable YMCA’s, Jewish Community Centers (JCC’s), and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to deliver their services and achieve their missions. At the heart of Traction Rec is our desire to support non-profit community centers and the amazing good they do.
Traction Rec was recently recognized by Salesforce as Nonprofit Sales Partner of the Year, ISV Partner of the Year, and featured in the 2021 Ready to Rocket List. Traction Rec takes pride in the development of product and services, and building strong relationships with partners and customers.
At our core, we love community. We are looking for people who want to join an active group of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. We welcome you to experience a vibrant personal and professional journey by joining our diverse team.
Traction Rec'rs come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from diverse backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
CPA or other recognized Professional Accounting Designation
- 5-7 years of full cycle accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities - you can communicate clearly and concisely to a wide variety of audiences, making complex, detailed, data driven, topics simple
- Experience implementing financial systems and building processes
- Proactive with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
What You Will Be Doing
Responsible for full cycle accounts payable including vendor bills, expense reports and corporate credit cards
- Responsible for customer billing & cash receipt processing including preparation of invoices, record payments, and prepare & process bank deposits.
- Assist with financial administration, including month end and year end close processes and reporting.
- Assist with financial modeling including building / updating forecasts for initiatives, identify key financial metrics, challenge assumptions proposed by stakeholders, and build & present different scenarios for decision-making purposes.
- Support tax remittance and filings including GST, PST, and SUT remittance preparation, ensuring accuracy and compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Collaborate with employees to ensure data in the system is feeding properly into reporting data.
- Involvement in improving and implementing financial processes to drive organizational efficiencies.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and let's chat.
At Traction Rec, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success. We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, and we actively seek and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our hiring process is designed to be fair, welcoming, and respectful to all candidates, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity brings unique perspectives and experiences that can enhance our team and drive innovation, and we are committed to providing equal opportunity and support to all candidates. We encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to the interview process and join us in building a diverse and inclusive culture at Traction Rec.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of background and reference checks.