Cadman Power Equipment, located in Courtland, ON is a designer, manufacturer and global distributor of irrigation and manure management systems, and high-volume fluid transfer solutions within the oil and gas industry.
Cadman is a family run company and is looking for positive, hard-working people to join our team.
We currently have an opening for a Production Scheduler who will report directly to the VP Admin.
The Production Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring best practice(s) in demand planning, inventory planning, production planning and supply planning. Ensuring that production schedules are created and completed on time is a key objective for this position.
This position will work closely with multiple departments so strong interpersonal skills required.
Here's what we offer our employees:
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive training, with a strong focus on safety
- Enrollment in the Company Benefits program after probationary period completed
- Plant shutdown week between Christmas and New Years
- Opportunities for advancement
The main responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Prepare daily production schedules
- Issue all work orders per production schedule
- Assist with Cycle counting
- Ensure integrity of Data Entry
- Reviews of raw stock to verify re-inspection procedures.
- Participate with Inventories.
- Estimate materials and labour required for production
- Co-ordinate activities with warehouse and production units
- Monitor production progress
- Compile worksheets and specifications of orders
- Prepare and maintain progress and other reports
- Create, maintain, and ensure execution of the Production Schedule
- Review long-term forecasts to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Increase worker efficiency and production rates by monitoring production time studies
- Ensure that work orders are completed in a timely fashion
- Work with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments
- Review demand and supply to understand bottleneck and propose alternative capacity or areas needing capacity improvement to meet demand.
- Participate in business planning meetings to plan out activities in future time periods.
- Constantly look for improvements and help implement solutions.
- Perform ongoing analysis of weekly, monthly and future capacity to optimize product level loading and achieve manufacturing continuity during low and high volume months.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records / reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience as a production scheduler
- Production experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of MPS/MRP, Forecasting, Inventory Planning.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous organizational and record maintenance skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and its executive team
Cadman Power Equipment welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We appreciate the receipt of all resumes, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)