Position Type: Full Time (1 year contract with a possibility of extension)
West Toronto Support Services (WTSS) is a community not-for-profit organization committed to providing quality assistance and support to seniors to enable them to live at home independently and with dignity. WTSS programs and services include case management, transportation, home help, personal care, meals on wheels, community dining, wellness programs, escorted monthly outings, home & property maintenance services, respite care and day programs for seniors.
- Recruit, select, train, supervise and guide volunteers at both WTSS locations.
- Respond to the inquiries and request of potential volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Provide volunteers with ongoing coaching, motivation and support to enhance the service delivered to clients and to ensure the efficient operation of department.
- Providing back-up support to the Community Dining program based on established policies and procedures.
- Provide full support on all duties to the Meals on Wheels Coordinator.
- Coordinating the Friendly Visiting/Telephone Assurance Program.
- Maintaining and managing the volunteer database.
- Providing monthly reports and statistics.
- Attend meetings with external organizations related to applicable programs and services.
- Contribute to service and team effectiveness.
- Understanding senior and mental health issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in a comparable position within a not-for-profit organization
- Volunteer management certificate or comparable experience
- Knowledge of volunteer management principles and practices
- Strong organizational and problem–solving skills
- Demonstrated volunteer development and supervisory skills
- Goal oriented with demonstrated project management abilities and administrative skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends occasionally
- Computer literacy is required
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Food Handler Certificate is required
Submit cover letter and resume by June 3rd, 2019
West Toronto Support Services encourages applications from candidates whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender/sexual orientation and ability. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Volunteer Management at a not-for-profit: 2 years (Required)