Come join BC’s fastest growing grocery retailer in an exciting and challenging Finance role!
Save-On-Foods is one of Western Canada's largest employers. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years largely due to our commitment to going the extra mile!
We are driven to meet the specific needs of each community we serve and have grown to become Western Canada’s premier grocer with four banners and more than 170 locations from British Columbia to Manitoba and the Yukon.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join our team in Langley, B.C.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will have strong analysis and accounting skills, with good attention to details and ability to understand complex processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring financial statements are complete and accurate. Preparing journal entries as required and resolve any related issues.
- Researching and commenting on financial statement variances (period, quarter, and/or annual basis). Identify abnormalities or trends that may exist.
- Assisting operations and merchandising management with identification and resolution of business issues, measurement of performances and preparation of budgets.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Documenting and evaluating the effectiveness of business processes and controls.
- Assessing opportunities for business or system process improvements/efficiencies
- Performing data mining and analysis to identify trends, patterns and metrics
- Assisting with special projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have at minimum, attained a senior level towards completion of CPA designation, or newly qualified CPA/CGA/CMA and 3-5 years financial accounting or auditing experience, ideally within a retail environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Database knowledge and query development considered an asset.
- Previous full cycle accounting experience considered an asset.
- Able to review financial information and prepare meaningful analysis.
- Able to work effectively in a team-based atmosphere.
- Organized and have self-management skills.
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written with strong interpersonal skills.
- An exceptional problem solver with trouble-shooting abilities.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits, a company pension plan, free access to our onsite gym, free parking, team member offers, and opportunities for development and career progression.
Save-On-Foods is an inclusive team-oriented environment where we recognize achievements and celebrate them.
If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact every day in our local communities, apply online today at https://www.saveonfoods.com/corporate-head-office-careers/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Financial Auditing: 3 years (Required)
- Full Cycle Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Financial Accounting: 3 years (Required)