One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services. These are contract positions until March 31, 2020 and renewed based on available funding.
NWCHC’s is seeking compassionate, committed individuals who will work in the Thunder Bay Consumption Treatment Services (CTS) site. The primary role of the CTS Harm Reduction Outreach Worker is to actively engage with service users on and offsite, establishing trust, providing harm reductions supplies and education, and connecting service users with other relevant services. The CTS Harm Reduction Outreach Worker will be responsible for the daily work of the CTS site. The position will engage collaboratively with NWCHC’s interdisciplinary team members and service providers.
- Proven experience with overdose prevention and response, and training in/experience with Naloxone administration.
- Physical ability to provide support in an overdose situation.
- Experience and knowledge of drug use, specifically injection drug use.
- Volunteer or work experience with a harm reduction program.
- Experience utilizing harm reduction principles and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate conflict.
- Confidence in asserting oneself and maintaining strong boundaries.
- Knowledge of community services and resources; strong advocacy skills.
- Basic computer skills, including email.
- Lived experience as (or working with people who reflect) our priority client population: racialized people, indigenous people, people who engage in sex work, prisoners/ex-prisoners, people with mental health issues, and people who have experienced trauma, people who have experienced homelessness or street involvement would be an asset.
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- drivers (Required)
- english (Required)