Position: Technical Sales Representative - Spray gun
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reports to: General Manager/Head of Sales
Has Contact with: Customers, key accounts, warehouse, management & staff
Work Location: Home Based – preferably Winnipeg (90% travel within territory)
Territory: Manitoba, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, & North East of Ontario
Job Type: Full Time
Medical Benefits: Yes
Experience: Sales and technical experience in paint industry preferred; automotive painter and technical experience highly preferred.
Travel: 90% of position involves travel within assigned territory. Initial training will be in Germany.
Languages: Fluent in English
Other: Must be eligible to work in Canada and travel internationally.
HR Options is recruiting for SATA Canada. SATA (sata.com) is a long-standing, reputable global spray-gun firm headquartered out of Germany in the automotive aftermarket industry. This Canadian branch of the firm is looking for a Technical Sales Representative who will not only grow the business in Canada, but who will grow with the company and contribute to the high level of customer satisfaction that the firm is known for.
The Technical Sales Representative will report directly to the General Manager/Head of Sales in Canada. The Technical Sales Representativewill be ideally based out of Winnipeg and will be responsible for all sales activities in the assigned territory (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, & North East of Ontario) to meet and/or exceed sales goals, as well as establishing the already solid position of the SATA brand within his/her territory.
The Technical Sales Representative must have strong sales, networking and relationship building skills. A successful Technical Sales Representativewill be driven, passionate about the industry, hands-on, flexible, and willing to travel extensively within his/her territory.
The Technical Sales Representativewill:
- Maintain and grow sales in territory through product promotion and regular market research on industry changes.
- Possess a strong knowledge of spray-gun equipment and all SATA products and services to respond to customer and partner inquiries promptly.
- Provide technical support and training on current and new products to customers and distributor partners.
- Effectively handle any customer problems in a professional and resourceful manner.
- Seek out project and partnership opportunities.
- Follow up promptly on leads and stay on top of market updates to create and maintain sales pipeline.
- Travel to all parts of territory, as necessary, to maintain a face to face relationship with customers and partners.
- Regular submittal of reports (i.e. expense) as required by Management.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Management.
Communication/Negotiation, Technical Proficiency, Customer Service/Focus, Planning & Organizing, Drive & Initiative, Business Knowledge, Professionalism, Ownership, Teamwork/Collaboration, Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Minimum 5-10+ years of sales experience in automotive aftermarket or paint industry
- University degree is preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Has hands-on abilities and experience
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and ability to grow a territory
- Flexibility with working hours and travelling times (long hours/weekends required occasionally)
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Highly self-motivated, positive presence
- Excellent ability to develop business plans, make projections, follow up and adjust plans as needed
- Excellent ability to report on and communicate progress towards goals/targets
- Loyalty and long-term dedication to the brand they represent
- Fluent in English (German is an asset)
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- painter: 5 years (Preferred)