1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
As a Reimbursement Specialist you will ensure SDM Specialty Health Network (SHN) reimbursement cases are managed effectively on a day-to-day basis. You will help ensure that patients with high need have funding for their treatments.
This position deals with highly sensitive information. You will be responsible to act in a diplomatic, discreet, and professional manner, and maintain patient confidentiality, as per SDM Specialty Health Network policy and legal requirements.
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Need:
- Initiate and coordinate new reimbursement programs, and coordinate and follow-up on existing programs as per contract requirements with pharmaceutical manufacturers, provincial government, insurers, patients and Health Care Professionals in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Communicate with clients to obtain consent and to gather pertinent information for providing reimbursement services
- Liaise with the required parties (provincial and private insurers, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, employers’ human resource representatives and internal staff), act as a patient advocate, explore all options for funding of medications and/or services, determine coverage details and develop/maintain complete and accurate documentation required to facilitate a successful outcome of the reimbursement process
- Work with staff in the coordination of reimbursement services to facilitate medication dispensing, invoicing, payment schedules and loan programs.
- Contact clients to confirm delivery of medications (including date, time and special instructions)
- Ensure adherence to Rx retention strategies in order to maximize business opportunities for SHN
- Provide support to Reimbursement Associates as they work on individual patient cases.
- University degree or equivalent working experience in the healthcare or insurance industry
- A team player with the desire to provide superior customer care
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office (Excel, Word)
Bilingual (French & English)
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.