The Health Promoter is a health professional specializing in maintaining and improving the health of populations and reducing the health inequities among populations through the action areas described in the Ottawa Charter (building healthy public policy, creating supportive environments, strengthening community action, developing personal skills and reorienting health services).
The Health Promoter is an essential member of the client-centered GRCHC team who uses collaborative and innovative approaches within the broad determinants of health framework. The Health Promoter’s approach will be evidence based, innovative, and rooted in an anti-oppressive practice. A systems perspective, attention to continuous quality improvement, and exceptional communication skills are essential to the success of this position.
Hours of work– primarily days but to include some evening, weekend work as required.
- Undergraduate degree in a health or social science discipline, Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a health or social service setting
- Experience in health promotion and community development, including knowledge of vulnerable populations in Brantford and Brant County
- Experience in chronic disease, illness and injury prevention
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of health promotion principles of practice including, but not limited to, evidence-based practice, equity, interdisciplinary collaboration, population health approach, establishing and maintaining effective partnerships
- Knowledge of and experience with group facilitation and co-facilitation
- Demonstrated experience in project management including planning, developing collaborations, collecting and analyzing data, implementation and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills required
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a supportive network of service providers.
To pursue this opportunity, please send your resume and covering letter to Human Resources. All applications must be submitted no later than September 20, 2019. We appreciate your interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract