You are a highly motivated and energetic individual, attracted by the values based culture of a leading charitable organization in your community. You value a workplace that offers you a competitive benefit plan and opportunities for professional and personal challenges and growth. You are a creative thinker, dedicated team player and have a strong child and family orientation. You possess the ability to implement standards that will enhance and build upon existing service and quality measures. You display a strong work ethic, have the ability to manage change within a growing organization and are committed to working as a member of a dynamic staff group to build an association that strengthens families and communities.
- Child Care experience
- Currently working towards Early Childhood Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma would be an asset
- Play based programming implementation knowledge is a desirable quality
- Standard First Aid/CPR “C” Certification
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check required prior to first day of work
YMCA Northumberland is a growing service organization, with over 170 employees and 423 volunteers, with Membership Centres in Cobourg and Brighton. YMCA Northumberland also operates 20 licensed Child Care Centres and 5 Early ON Child and Family Centres, that focus on child development across Northumberland. YMCA Northumberland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Child Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C (Preferred)