JOB POSTING #876254
Toronto Western Hospital
$41.81 to $52.27 (Commensurate with experience and consistent with the UHN compensation policy)
Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 300 employees across several regional sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, Hamilton, Ajax, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Scarborough and Vaughan). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers.
We are currently seeking a CLINICAL PHARMACIST to join our team! The pharmacist works as part of a multidisciplinary team including physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, kinesiologists, behavioural therapists, and treatment coordinators.
The pharmacist’s responsibilities include conducting pharmacotherapy assessments including obtaining medication histories to identify drug therapy problems, developing and implementing treatment plans, both autonomously and in collaboration with interdisciplinary team, educating clients about medications and drug coverage issues, and communicating with community prescribers to facilitate seamless care.
Successful applicants must possess a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy and hold a Part A license with the Ontario College of Pharmacists. We are looking for candidates who are motivated, team-oriented, and who possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be an active member in CSHP, be willing to travel across multiple Altum Sites and perform work via video-conference and teleconference.
Acute-care hospital pharmacy or ambulatory pharmacy experience an asset
- Hospital pharmacy residency an asset
- Experience in the areas of chronic pain management, addiction/substance use and/or mental health an asset
- Experience in a multi/interdisciplinary team setting and proven ability to work well within a team
Experience in identifying drug therapy issues and formulating pharmaceutical care plans within strict timelines
- Excellent time management, organizational and report writing skills
- Exercises initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Use of telehealth for service delivery (an asset)
- Fluency in a second language (an asset)
Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada
- Active Part-A registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and cover letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
May 3, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
We thank you for your interest and wish you success as you pursue your career objectives with Altum Health.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.