Barry's Home Hardware in Russell is looking for a customer-focused Assistant Store Manager to join this hardworking team.
The Assistant Store Manager will be a retail leader and operationally savvy, leading the team on the sales floor to exceed customer expectations and maximize sales.
Assisting and leading the day to day operations of the store in partnership with the owner and manager. These duties will traditionally include:
- Coaching and supervising the sales associates and cashiers on the sales floor.
- Supporting sales and financial goals through effective merchandising, planning and promotions.
- Taking the lead on assigned projects.
- Leading the management of inventory ad customer special orders.
- Demonstrating excellence in customer service to maintain the store's reputation in the local community.
The store is a local community hub. The work is fast paced, exciting and varied. The Assistant Store Manager gets things done.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have retail experience, ideally in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Be flexible regarding working hours - It's retail!
- Have experience working within departments such as seasonal, hardware, paint, electrical, and be prepared to learn more.
- Be able to communicate in both official languages (is desirable).
Applications are invited from suitably experienced candidates who are enthusiastic about rolling up their sleeves and working with the team to grow.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (required)
- Retail Management: 3 years (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place