The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Performs Category Management and manages tactical procurement for an assigned category. Develops and implements processes and procedures for sourcing and procurement within category and negotiates, manages, monitors contracts for compliance, supplier optimization, commercial terms, improvements, modifications or renewal.
- Manages major capital procurement and development and implementation of category-specific strategies, including in-depth market analysis, best-practice review, demand-pattern analysis and development of requirements for high-risk complex commercial transactions. Oversees competitive solicitation process (requirements gathering, procurement strategy, negotiation, and implementation) for procurement activities within the assigned category.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures for sourcing and procurement within category. Works collaboratively with internal customers to develop policies that support the overall category strategy.
- Manages supplier and stakeholder relationships and acts as interface between internal clients, projects and suppliers. Collaborates with suppliers to analyze and develop marketplace capabilities. Provides senior technical category expertise to leaders across TransLink to help identify business requirements and improvement opportunities for assigned category, including changes to the business relationship model (i.e. outsource, in-source, co-op, etc.). Advises senior leaders on the implementation of associated changes.
- Negotiates and signs off on new contracts. Manages and monitors existing contracts for compliance, supplier optimization, commercial terms, improvements, modifications or renewal. Ensures that internal customer’ project/supply needs are met, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Manages category performance by establishing performance measures (e.g. annual cost improvement targets, savings results, contract and supplier performance, efficiency gains, leakage “spend tracks” etc.) analyzing and reporting on results, and managing any modifications to the portfolio. Conducts periodic Business Partner reviews, addressing both performance metrics and continuous improvement activities while actively soliciting internal customers and procurement staff for feedback.
- Researches and benchmarks industry best-practices and presents marketplace findings to support the management of the overall category strategy.
- Conducts category strategy peer review meetings and acts as subject matter expert on the assigned category.
- Performs all staff management functions such as selection, training, performance management, coaching and development. Leads cross-functional teams in sourcing and procurement initiatives and projects.
Education and Experience:
The requirements for this position are acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field plus seven (7) years of progressive experience in a hybrid or complex procurement and /or supply organization including three (3) years within Category Management.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts and principles of project and vendor management along with supply chain
- Strong knowledge of category management, strategic sourcing, including advanced market knowledge of assigned category and business case development
- Strong knowledge of private and public-sector best practices in procurement including laws of competitive bidding along with procurement concepts, practices and all phases of procurement process from planning to implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to participate in and/or lead cross-functional, cross-entity teams.
- Strong skills in creatively structuring commercial solicitations and relationship designs to meet the diverse organization needs and market conditions
- Advanced level of business acumen (including financial analysis, accounting, mathematical and problem-solving skills)
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, including strong ability to negotiate, facilitate and deliver presentations. Strong ability to exercise diplomacy and tact and to build consensus.
- Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and management ability
- Sound planning, organization, and time management skills
- Industry designation (e.g. SCMP, CSCP, CIPS or P.Log) is an asset
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay
Salary starting at $97,190 per annum
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top right corner
of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
12 December 2019
Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransLink.ca.