Mackay Communications, Inc. is a well-established and profitable marine electronics service company that employs over 325 people worldwide and has 34 service depots in thireen (13) countries including every major port in the USA and Canada. For over fifty (50) years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial and naval ships. We sustain our industry-leading position by hiring only the most skilled candidates, investing in their continuous factory training, and providing them with the administrative and technical support needed to be successful in their jobs. The goal is to provide superior results to our customers and in turn, superior careers for our employees.
Mackay Communications, Canada-Inc., has an opening for an experienced Marine Service Technician (MST) who after completion of his/her training at our Vancouver depot, will be assigned to the Victoria, BC area.
Under limited supervision, the technician will install, service, and repair electronic equipment on board fishing boats, commercial and naval ships (depending on the location). To test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, and antennas. As well as, loading, updating, and modifying software. Will utilize knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems and make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments. Upon completing the assignment, the technician will compose a detailed service report. Types of equipment serviced:
- HF and VHF Radios
- 5+ Years of experience as a Marine Service Technician in the commercial or fishing industry.
- Must achieve a minimum score of 74% on basic electronics test administered by Employer.
- Possess GMDSS Radio Operator License with radar endorsement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be physically fit. Work environment often involves carrying 40–50 lbs., climbing ladders and masts, and exposure to weather.
- Overtime work may be required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Some travel required to job locations and training courses.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada and pass a thorough background check.
Mackay offers a competitive salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please submit your resume, along with your salary expectations. No phone calls please!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.79 to $38.04 /hour
- service technician: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Burnaby, BC V5A 3C2 (Preferred)
- English (Required)