Canadian Tire Ancaster is looking for ambitious people with a great attitude!
The Sales Associate team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer needs. This role also involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the store.
- Smiles, makes eye contact with and greets customers.
- Guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Locates products in the warehouse.
- Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
- Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Learns about new products on a regular basis.
- Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
- Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently (e.g., stocking, labels, facing, etc.).
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
- Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Plays an active role in the department team by openly sharing opinions and ideas on how to improve department success and by participating in meetings and all training as required.
- Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and department policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ancaster, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)