Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Full-time, Permanent Employment Opportunity
About the Role
As part of the management team, the Finance Director will have the challenging and exciting opportunity to oversee all financial matters of the organization.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Director works closely with the management team, staff and Council to assure the long-term financial stability of Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
This integral role includes a combination of hands-on daily duties with analytical tasks and department leadership. This role is critical in supporting the organization’s development and delivery of innovative programs and services as part of Ka Ni Kanichihk’s vision and mandate.
The Finance Director is primarily responsible to analyze and interpret financial accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of forecasting, financial strategy, and planning. This role is responsible to develop and control annual budgets, both short-term and long-term and will also administer the organization’s funds accordingly.
This role will also administer the organization’s funds according to the approved budget, prepare and review financial expenditures, maintain comprehensive controls, ensure accurate and timely reporting, financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who meets the following essential requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Commerce, or related field of study. Equivalent combination of education and management experience may be considered.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with some industry experience in a financial accounting role
- Minimum two years of leadership experience in finance and accounting roles
- Extensive experience and knowledge working with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, yearly audits, and asset management
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation applicable to non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple funders and understand the requirements of multiple funding agreements
- Proficiency with technology, including the use of accounting software, word processing, spreadsheets, databases and internet. Experience with Microsoft GP an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and team building skills
- Relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, the rights of Indigenous people, cultural reclamation, and traditional practices
What We Offer
Ka Ni Kanichihk is a progressive, holistic organization that is invested in employee wellness. We are proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Pension program
- Ability to work remotely during COVID-19 crisis
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress
- Employee training & development
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, detailing how you meet the requirements of this posting, and your salary expectations. Applications will be received up to June 30 at 4:30 pm.
You can also visit our website for more information.
Ka Ni Kanichihk remains committed to achieving employment equity; candidates are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0B5
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2020-06-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19